Saturday, October 15, 2011

Interview with Jensen Motley Crew Designs

Welcome to Saturday & our next designer interview; this week we're going to meet Jodi Jensen of Jensen Motley Crew Designs.


Tell us a little about yourself & your family. I was born in Jacksonville, Florida. My mom & I moved to Utah in 1975 to live with my Uncle. When I was older I met my husband on a blind date & we got married 6 months later & have been married for 23 years. We have two amazing children - Janette (Nettie is 17) & Christopher (Pher) is 16. We love to camp, fish, hunt, hike & we like to laugh A LOT!

What part of designing comes easiest to you? Absolutely themes and colors, no matter what I am looking at I see the potential for a color palette & theme. It could be a magazine in a doctor’s office or just a description in a book. I have so many color palettes to use & not enough time. However, I love to take a paper template or element & see it transform into a new creation.

If you’re running low on design mojo, how do you kick-start your creativity? Thank heavens this hasn’t happened yet, but I would probably take a small break, gather my magazines & search them & the internet for ideas.

What is your favorite kit you've designed? I would have to say Lily Bell, this is a kit I made on behalf of my mother. Her maiden name was Bell & her given name is Lillian & we call her Lily Bell. The colors are some I found around her house. I love the soft colors & it was was fun to have her help me pick out the elements & papers.


What kits/products do you have in the works? I have a kit in the works called Apple Seeds, inspired by my apple trees. I also have a baby kit in the works.

What book are you reading right now? I am actually reading three: The Message by Lance Richardson for my book group; And Furthermore by Judi Dench (because she is my favorite actress); & Paper Hearts by Deborah Williamson.

Can you list 5 ways to use a pencil other than writing? 1) Poke someone; 2) throw it to someone; 3) erasing something; 4) use it as a fire wood stick; & 5) to open things that are covered in plastic.

What was it about you that first drew your significant other to you? Definitely his sense of humor! I talked to him on the phone a week before we met & he was always cracking me up!

What kind of car do you drive? Ford Explorer.

What was the last movie you went to see? The Help.

Thanks Jodi! Head on over to the store to see all of Jodi's wonderful products & don't forget to follow Jodi on her blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment