Saturday, October 8, 2011

Interview with Growing Pains Scrapped

Welcome to the new Stuff to Scrap Designer Blog! Here you'll be able to get to know all of our wonderful designers a bit better, each week a new interview will be posted. We're going to start off the interviews with Tracy Ladle, the designer behind Growing Pains Scrapped.


Tell us about yourself & your family. I am a proud mother of three beautiful kids. Karlee is 11, Carson is 9 & baby Grace is 14 months. Our oldest two were a blessing through the miracle of adoption! They came to us straight from the hospital. And Baby Grace was another miracle ... one the doctors said would never happen! After all these years, we were blessed with a shocking, miraculous pregnancy ... & we couldn't be happier! I have a wonderful husband who takes awesome care of us ... allowing me to stay at home with our kids! I love to spend time playing, reading, talking with my kids. I also love to digi-scrapbook, blog, garden, read, & exercise. I have been scrapbooking for 18 years & have, in the last 2 years, converted to digi-scrapping! I was born & raised (& lived my whole life) in Utah, but recently moved to Tallahassee, Florida when my husband accepted a fabulous new job here. It’s been a hard adjustment, but I love the heat & the beauty of Tallahassee (& I don’t miss the snow!).

What part of designing comes easiest to you? Probably papers … at least papers are my favorite to create!

If you’re running low on design mojo, where do you go to kick-start your creativity? The last time this happened, I asked my creative team for suggestions & that’s how my Alayna kit came about! I also look at my own pictures & see what type of kit I’m needing to get them scrapped.

What is your favorite kit you've designed? I love Bloomin' & I also have a new one called, Timeless that I absolutely love. It’s kind of patterned after one of my older kits (that I've since retired) called, Treasures of Yesterday. Oh … Picture Perfect is pretty new & I love that one too! Hmmm…how that for an answer? LOL, I love them all!


What do you have in the works? I’m working on an autumn/fall themed kit called, Autumn Comfort & I’m also working on a collaboration with Tammy of Mommy Me Time Scrapper called, Turkey Trot that will release in November.

What would you do if you won the lottery? I would buy a house with a pool, I’d pay off my families' houses & I’d move my sister to Florida! I’d also probably buy a second home in Utah so that I could go visit all the time … actually, I’d buy a plane, then I could go back & forth!

What's in your music play list right now? This is going to sound so strange to y’all, but I use my ipod touch to access the internet & to play games. It has music on it, but I never listen to it. I have actually perfected the art of reading while running on the treadmill … who needs music when you've got a good book?

What's the last book you read? I’m currently on the 4th book of a series about Disney called, The Kingdom Keepers. It’s juvenile/fantasy fiction. I also love crime/mystery books. I’m a book lover & read probably 2 books a week!

Where is the farthest you have been from home? Well … seeing how we moved to Florida from Utah last year, I still pretty much consider Utah home … even though home is now Florida (how’s that for messing you up?). So … Florida is pretty darn far from Utah – 2200 miles. Our family has also taken Disney cruises to the Western & Eastern Caribbean.

If you were an animal, which one would you want to be? Probably a dog because I have a dog & lover her to pieces…& I’m thinkin' that dogs have a pretty good life!

Thanks Tracy! Head on over to the store to see all of Tracy's wonderful products & don't forget to follow Tracy on her blog or Facebook page!

No comments:

Post a Comment