Saturday, November 19, 2011

Interview with B2N2 Scraps

Welcome to Saturday & another designer interview; this week we're going to meet Becky Weidner of B2N2 Scraps!


Tell us a little about yourself & your family. My name is Becky and I’m from the Chicago suburbs-have lived here almost all my life. I met my husband, Brian, in college and have been married for 9 years. We are both teachers-I’m a bilingual teacher and my husband is a high school band director. We have 2 wonderful children-Natalie and Noah-who are 2 1/2 year old twins who keep us jumping!

What part of designing comes easiest to you? Papers are probably the easiest part for me but I can only create once I have a great theme, colors and title picked out. I can’t start a kit without a title!

If you’re running low on design mojo, how do you kick-start your creativity? I take a look at what I need to scrap amongst my hundreds (probably thousands) of pictures of my kids. I figure if I have a need for a kit somebody else does too! I also get inspiration from looking at color palettes.

What is your favorite kit you've designed? This is such a hard question-it’s almost like asking me to chose which of my kids is my favorite! Ummmm...can I pick more than 1? I like different ones for different reasons. I guess I have to say Everyday. I love the colors and I love the versatility of it.


What kits/products do you have in the works? I just finished a kit called My Boy and I’m working on a kit called My Girl. They both are monochromatic with a pop of contrasting color. I’m also working on a marching band kit but I haven’t done too much of it.

Name five of your favorite television shows. Amazing Race, Chuck, Project Runway, Glee (just got into it and I love it!) and Private Practice.

What's the last book you read? I actually am reading 3 books: She’s Come Undone by Wally Lamb, Eat, Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert and Julia’s Chocolates by Cathy Lamb. I just finished the first one for my book club. I don’t know if I’ll finish the other 2. I didn’t really like any of them. The last book I enjoyed was Harvesting the Heart by Jodi Piccoult.

If you could trade places with any person (living or dead) for a week who would you pick & why? I’ve always hated being asked this question because I never know who to say! I’m going to go very generic here as I don’t have a fascination with any one person in particular. I’d like to trade places with some very wealthy so I can enjoy one week of pure luxury and pampering before returning home to a life of doing everything for myself.

What personality traits do you hope to pass on to your children? Dedication, compassion, commitment, honesty, acceptance, sense of humor, curiosity, creativity, do you want me to keep going?

Dunkin' Donuts or McDonald's breakfast? Can I say neither? I’m a toast person for breakfast. I don’t like cereal and milk so toast it is (or sometimes instant oatmeal).

Thanks Becky! Head on over to the store to see all of Becky's wonderful products & don't forget to follow Becky on her blog & Facebook page!

No comments:

Post a Comment