Saturday, November 12, 2011

Interview with 3 Li'l Monsters Designs

Welcome to Saturday & another designer interview; this week we're going to meet Amy Lanham of 3 Li'l Monsters Designs!


Tell us a little about yourself & your family. I am a children's minister and worship leader in my church. I am married to a minister, and have three beautiful kiddos. Each of the monsters on my logo are representative of my three little monsters. We homeschool them, and they have never been to public school. We live in the country, and I love the view of the mountains behind our house.

What part of designing comes easiest to you? Usually once I have an idea, I can get the papers out of the way pretty quickly. But I really enjoy making original elements that go along with my theme.

If you’re running low on design mojo, how do you kick-start your creativity? I love to cruise the galleries, and look at all the amazing layouts! I am always in awe of how many great layouts are out there.

What is your favorite kit you've designed? My favorite is almost always my newest kit. Seriously! Right now I am loving Autumn Charm. I love all the rustic elements, and cute animals.


What kits/products do you have in the works? Right now I am working on a great collaboration kit with Crystal's Creations, called Scrapaholic. It is going to have lots of elements of scrapping stuff to help us scrap our obsession with this wonderful pastime!

Who are your heroes? In the scrap world, I feel like there are so many greats, I could never live up to some of them! But I think my hero in the scrapping world is Jen Cairns of Jen C Designs. She was so gracious to give me a spot on her CT, back when I had no clue! And she really is a great designer!

In the real world, my hero would definitely be my Grandma! She is 78, and still going strong, still reaching out to help people, still loving people! I would love to be half the woman she is! I so appreciate the legacy of faith that she has passed down through several generations!

Imagine you had to paint a Boeing 727, at what point do you quit? LOL! Ummm... Do you really paint a 747? I don't think I would even start!

Name five of your favorite music artists. Steven Curtis Chapman, Francesca Battistelli, Casting Crowns, Adele, Third Day

If you were starving and needed food, would you hunt for food? Absolutely. That's why they are here! LOL. And I like to eat!

What do you do in your spare time? Spare time... what's that?? Most of my time is spent caring for munchkins, and with my design stuff. If I do have a few minutes to myself, I love to soak in a bubble bath with a good book.

Thanks Amy! Head on over to the store to see all of Amy's wonderful products & don't forget to follow Amy on her blog & Facebook page!

No comments:

Post a Comment